UK: Aje Group Big Cola to sponsor football clubs
Aje Group has signed a sponsorship deal for its Big Cola brand to become the official partner of four English Premier League football clubs.
The Thailand-based soft drinks firm has signed one-year contracts with Everton, Stoke City, West Bromwich Albion and Wigan Athletic in a deal worth THB300m (US$10m), the firm said last week. The move is part of the company's strategy to increase overseas sales.
Aje Group said that it plans to launch a marketing campaign with the clubs. "Big Cola foresee this as a great opportunity in supporting four clubs which...possess a large number of fans worldwide," said the firm's chief marketing officer, Jorge Lopez Doriga.
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part V: Wine
- just Five Years Ago - Belvedere Group's Bumpy Ride
- just the Ten - Editor's Viewpoints of 2014
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Campari to bag EUR19m with "non-core" assets sale
- Pernod agrees Caribe Cooler sale to Grupo Bepensa
- Pernod wins consent for Glenlivet upgrade
- Thailand pulls back from New Year alcohol ban