US: Agriculture Dept wants $50m of orange juice
The US Agriculture Department is looking to buy up to US$50m worth of canned and frozen orange juice. The department wants to donate the juice to child nutrition and other domestic food assistance programs, it announced yesterday.
The Agriculture Department has already bought $4.3m of orange juice in the current fiscal year starting 1 October 2003. Last year, the department said it bought $13.1m worth of juice.
The department has said that the purchase offer will only be open to companies processing 100% domestic orange juice.
Sectors: Soft drinks
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Are we kidding ourselves over craft spirits?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- Former Pernod Ricard exec joins Wakefield Wines
- Inver House Distillers posts FY profits leap
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research