UK: AG Barr's H1 on track as investments kick in
Barr brands including Irn Bru are official beverages of the Commonwealth Games
AG Barr has said it expects strong first-half sales as its brands benefit from increased marketing investments.
The Irn Bru owner anticipates year-on-year sales to rise by 5.6% to GBP135m (US$229m) in the six months to the end of July, it said in a pre-close trading update today. The six months reflect Barr's half-year reporting period, however the company will not release its official results until 23 September.
“Our growth is well balanced across our core brands, all of which have responded positively to increased marketing activities," Barr said.
In January, Barr announced a GBP12m campaign around its Irn Bru, Strathmore Water, Rubicon and Barr Cola brands ahead of the 2014 Commonwealth Games in Glasgow. The brands are official beverages of the games, which started this week.
Looking ahead, Barr said it expects the market in the second half of the year to “continue to be highly competitive”. But it added: “We expect to deliver another year of good growth given our sustained investment in brands and innovation.”
The UK soft drinks market as a whole saw value growth of 1.6% and volumes slip 0.3% for the period 26 January to 12 July, according to Nielsen figures cited by Barr.
The Global Soft Drinks market comprises CSD, bottled water, juices and concentrates, RTD tea and coffee, and functional drinks. The consumption of soft drinks is driven by consumers across all ages ow...
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- 5 reasons why Constellation's Meiomi buy works
- Constellation Brands basks in beer glory
- What do Brewers need from the UK Government?
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Diageo ditches Shui Jing Fang plans in China
- William Grant partners Rugby World Cup
- MillerCoors changes CMOs with immediate effect
- Molson Coors acquires Rekorderlig UK rights
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research