UK: AG Barr's H1 on track as investments kick in
Barr brands including Irn Bru are official beverages of the Commonwealth Games
AG Barr has said it expects strong first-half sales as its brands benefit from increased marketing investments.
The Irn Bru owner anticipates year-on-year sales to rise by 5.6% to GBP135m (US$229m) in the six months to the end of July, it said in a pre-close trading update today. The six months reflect Barr's half-year reporting period, however the company will not release its official results until 23 September.
“Our growth is well balanced across our core brands, all of which have responded positively to increased marketing activities," Barr said.
In January, Barr announced a GBP12m campaign around its Irn Bru, Strathmore Water, Rubicon and Barr Cola brands ahead of the 2014 Commonwealth Games in Glasgow. The brands are official beverages of the games, which started this week.
Looking ahead, Barr said it expects the market in the second half of the year to “continue to be highly competitive”. But it added: “We expect to deliver another year of good growth given our sustained investment in brands and innovation.”
The UK soft drinks market as a whole saw value growth of 1.6% and volumes slip 0.3% for the period 26 January to 12 July, according to Nielsen figures cited by Barr.
The Global Soft Drinks market comprises CSD, bottled water, juices and concentrates, RTD tea and coffee, and functional drinks. The consumption of soft drinks is driven by consumers across all ages ow...
AG Barr has lined up the launch of an addition to the Rockstar energy drink range in the UK that leaves a "cooling" aftertaste in the mouth....
- What's so special about Islay anyway? - Comment
- Diageo gets 2016 off to a strong start - Analysis
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- With MegaBrew sorted, is MegaBev next? - Research
- What do Bourbon and craft beer have in common?
- The US is "the first place I look" - Diageo CEO
- Bacardi ups ante in US Havana Club row
- Alcohol industry warning over Kroger plan
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- Suntory bids for Lucozade, Ribena Nigerian network
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research