UK: AG Barr's H1 on track as investments kick in
Barr brands including Irn Bru are official beverages of the Commonwealth Games
AG Barr has said it expects strong first-half sales as its brands benefit from increased marketing investments.
The Irn Bru owner anticipates year-on-year sales to rise by 5.6% to GBP135m (US$229m) in the six months to the end of July, it said in a pre-close trading update today. The six months reflect Barr's half-year reporting period, however the company will not release its official results until 23 September.
“Our growth is well balanced across our core brands, all of which have responded positively to increased marketing activities," Barr said.
In January, Barr announced a GBP12m campaign around its Irn Bru, Strathmore Water, Rubicon and Barr Cola brands ahead of the 2014 Commonwealth Games in Glasgow. The brands are official beverages of the games, which started this week.
Looking ahead, Barr said it expects the market in the second half of the year to “continue to be highly competitive”. But it added: “We expect to deliver another year of good growth given our sustained investment in brands and innovation.”
The UK soft drinks market as a whole saw value growth of 1.6% and volumes slip 0.3% for the period 26 January to 12 July, according to Nielsen figures cited by Barr.
The Global Soft Drinks market comprises CSD, bottled water, juices and concentrates, RTD tea and coffee, and functional drinks. The consumption of soft drinks is driven by consumers across all ages ow...
AG Barr has lined up the launch of an addition to the Rockstar energy drink range in the UK that leaves a "cooling" aftertaste in the mouth....
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- Britvic's FY Performance by Region - Focus
- A game of two halves for Remy Cointreau - Analysis
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Craft, imports near 50% share in US on-trade
- This week in spirits & wine
- Beam Suntory's Laphroaig Brodir - NPD
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Beer Market 2015-2019