AG Barr's Funkin revamps pack design
Funkin has introduced a new logo
AG Barr acquisition Funkin is to roll out new packaging across the portfolio as it looks to standardise branding.
The packaging will be available "in the coming months", said Funkin, which was bought by Barr in February in a deal worth GBP21m (US$31.5m). It includes a new, white Funkin logo on a navy background, and a red swirl to replace the old packs' red splash.
Funkin's senior brand manager, Joana Lenkova, said: "This new, fresh look comes at an ideal time for Funkin as the company embarks on the next phase of its growth. This revolutionary change will increase awareness and ultimately drive trial among consumers."
The off-trade packaging will include instructions on how to make cocktails at home, while on-trade products will have tips on how to best serve the drinks.
To read an exclusive just-drinks interview with Funkin CEO Andrew King, click here.
This month, soft drinks commentator Ray Rowlands takes a look at how various beverage companies are still keeping bubbles alive, despite the on-going decline in the world's carbonated soft drinks mark...
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Will Coca-Cola Co’s Dunkin’ Donuts move pay off?
- Heineken's Q3 2016 results - Preview
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Ten ways to successfully target older consumers
- Diageo weathers Thailand alcohol ban
- SWA's David Frost to leave for foreign office role
- Stock Spirits appointments provoke investor unrest
- Seedlip eyes global growth with export deal
- Altria raises Anheuser-Busch InBev holding
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends