UK: AG Barr year starts strong
AG Barr has reported a slight lift in sales for the first 13 weeks of its current financial year.
The UK-based soft drinks company, which owns the Irn Bru drinks brand, said yesterday (11 June) that sales for the three months to the end of April were up by 4% on a year-on-year basis. AG Barr said it was particularly happy with the performance when compared to an 11% like-for-like performance in the same period last year.
"Revenue performance in core carbonate brands, particularly in Irn-Bru, has been strong and overall sales have benefited from new products including Rockstar, Taut, Vitsmart and the growing St Clement's fruit drinks and smoothie range," the company said. "We continue to look for suitable opportunities to develop our brand portfolio further."
Despite continued pressure from rising raw material prices, AG Barr said this was being offset by product price increases and "further improvements" in material usage implemented during the period.
Trading in May, meanwhile, saw the benefit of some improved weather, with the company maintaining a full-year trading outlook "in line with expectations".
In October last year, AG Barr signed an exclusive five-year partnership agreement with the North American energy drinks brand Rockstar to sell its double-sized energy drink brands across the UK.
Coca-Cola's distribution deal with Hansen Natural may best be summed up with the old catchphrase, 'if you can't beat them, join them'....
Research suggesting that caffeine-rich energy drinks could raise blood pressure and increase the risk of heart damage has once again put the debate over the safety of these drinks in the spotlight. Me...
Drought conditions have made the last few years tough for Australian wine producers. But while one might have expected the extended hot and dry conditions to be a fillip for the soft drinks sector, fi...
Hansen Natural reached a distribution deal this week with Coca-Cola Co, together with Coca-Cola Enterprises, to distribute its Monster energy drink in six Western European countries as well as Canada ...
Energy drink maker DC Brands hopes to open up new business in the sporting world by signing a deal with well-known sports coach and trainer Steve Hess....
Soft drinks group AG Barr has said that trading remains in line with expectations, following a 15.5% revenue rise in its third quarter....
Red Bull has partnered with The Independent newspaper to distribute its monthly lifestyle title 'The Red Bulletin - An Almost Independent Magazine' in the UK....
Strong growth for the Monster Energy drink brand has lifted sales and profit at Hansen Natural Corp in the third quarter, the group has said....
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Editor's Viewpoint – What I've Learnt About Chile
- Will the Selfie Prove the Tonic for Beauty Drinks?
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review