UK: AG Barr unveils Orangina ad campaign
AG Barr is launching a new advertising campaign for Orangina in the UK as the brand looks to maintain growth in a tough soft drinks market.
The GBP1m (US$2m) campaign will debut on television screens this Friday (1 August), said AG Barr, which produces and sells Orangina in the UK.
Orangina sales increased 5% year-on-year for the 12 months to June, out-performing a flat soft drinks market, the UK-based company said.
Its new advert is an attempt to make Orangina sexy and will appeal to an adult audience, according to the company. "The 60-second advert, centres around a love story between an alluring doe and masculine bear before erupting into a dance music spectacular featuring a whole host of unusual characters from the animal kingdom."
The adverts UK premiere will be screened at 9.30pm tomorrow on E4 during 'How to Look Good Naked', and will continue to be shown after the 9pm watershed throughout August.
Rising costs and a challenging market continue to put pressure on soft drinks firms in the UK. Market leader Britvic said last week the off-trade market for CSDs grew 2.2% in the first 40 weeks of its financial year.
Scottish soft drinks group AG Barr has said that revenue and volumes grew strongly in 2008, outperforming a shrinking market....
Soft drinks group AG Barr has said that trading remains in line with expectations, following a 15.5% revenue rise in its third quarter....
- No Home Comfort for TWE as Bids Collapse
- Treasury Wine Estates: Here I Go Again On My Own
- Bacardi Seeks Own History at Bombay Sapphire Home
- Will low-alcohol wines wither on the vine?
- NPD in Alcoholic Drinks
- Diageo's Johnnie Walker hit by Travel Retail slump
- Carlsberg suspends production at Russian brewery
- Anheuser-Busch InBev shuts fourth Russian brewery
- Treasury Wine Estates pulls plug on takeover talks
- Mallya stays chairman at Diageo's United Spirits