UK: AG Barr snaps up Chartered Brands waters
AG Barr has confirmed the acquisition of two functional water brands in the UK.
The soft drinks company said today (11 January) that it has completed the purchase of the Vitaminsmart and Vitsmart brands from Chartered Brands. Total consideration should be GBP350,000 (US$685,000), including an element of stage payments, based on future sales performance.
Barr said the move gives the company "a headstart into the fast growing functional waters sub category and … has existing business to build on in the vitamin enhanced water sector".
Last year, Vitsmart generated sales of around GBP1m.
"The Vitsmart and Vitaminsmart brands will allow us a credible early entry into this rapidly growing sector with great brands and products which have existing retail distribution and consumers," said Barr's CEO, Roger White. "We plan to accelerate the development of our activity in this sector and believe this acquisition gives us a strong foundation."
Last month, Barr said that sales in the year to the end of October were up by 5% on the corresponding period a year earlier. The poor weather in the summer meant that sales in the 13 weeks to 27 October, however, rose by only 1%.
Beverages claiming health benefits have become a key product development area for soft drinks companies, and as consumers look to “detox” following holiday excess, January is the perfect time to intro...
AG Barr has reported a slight lift in sales for the first 13 weeks of its current financial year....
AG Barr said today (19 May) that the company has started the year well with revenue in the first 15 weeks ahead of the corresponding period last year....
AG Barr has unveiled a new range of CSDs for the UK market....
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- SABMiller, Carlsberg, Heineken: Poland's beer itch
- Diageo, Heineken and NBL in South Africa & Namibia
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Diageo hit by SEC investigation in US
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Pernod launches pomegranate whisky drink
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research