UK: AG Barr signs MotoGP driver in Rockstar deal
The sponsorship agreement is the biggest signing for AG Barr's Rockstar
AG Barr has secured an agreement with MotoGP driver Jorge Lorenzo to front a consumer campaign for its Rockstar energy drink brand in the UK.
The deal is the biggest of its kind for the energy drink, AG Barr said today (1 September). Lorenzo will feature on a UK on-pack promotion for the brand, offering consumers an opportunity to win a trip to Valencia, Spain, for the final race of the season, said the group, which holds the licence for Rockstar in the UK.
The prize will include return flights, private transfers, accommodation at a five-star hotel, a full day's scooter hire and VIP race tickets. Consumers can enter via a dedicated website. No financial details of the deal were disclosed.
The promotion will feature on both standard and price-marked cans of Rockstar in Original, Punched Guava and Juiced variants. The main prize draw will be made on 14 October, with further daily prize draws running until February 2013.
In the second part of just-drinks' review of 2011, Michelle Russell looks at how the soft drinks category has fared in the last 12 months....
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- NPD: The Clear Soft Drink Trend is Back
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research