UK: AG Barr signs MotoGP driver in Rockstar deal
The sponsorship agreement is the biggest signing for AG Barr's Rockstar
AG Barr has secured an agreement with MotoGP driver Jorge Lorenzo to front a consumer campaign for its Rockstar energy drink brand in the UK.
The deal is the biggest of its kind for the energy drink, AG Barr said today (1 September). Lorenzo will feature on a UK on-pack promotion for the brand, offering consumers an opportunity to win a trip to Valencia, Spain, for the final race of the season, said the group, which holds the licence for Rockstar in the UK.
The prize will include return flights, private transfers, accommodation at a five-star hotel, a full day's scooter hire and VIP race tickets. Consumers can enter via a dedicated website. No financial details of the deal were disclosed.
The promotion will feature on both standard and price-marked cans of Rockstar in Original, Punched Guava and Juiced variants. The main prize draw will be made on 14 October, with further daily prize draws running until February 2013.
In the second part of just-drinks' review of 2011, Michelle Russell looks at how the soft drinks category has fared in the last 12 months....
- A-B InBev's Move on Tennent's Super Makes Sense
- Brand Diversification Driving Craft Brewery Growth
- Analysis - SABMiller to add bolt-ons in Africa?
- Analysis - Stock Spirits: Poland's number one
- What's on the M&A cards for San Miguel Brewery?
- Pernod Ricard's Café de Paris Pear, Pomegranate
- PepsiCo CEO sees "profound" change in US consumers
- William Grant sinks GBP185,000 into "No" camp
- William Grant & Sons boosts Travel Retail team
- First Drinks becomes William Grant UK