UK: AG Barr shareholders approve Britvic merger
AG Barr and Britvic announced the proposed merger in November
Shareholders gave their backing for new company - Barr Britvic Soft Drinks - to be formed during a show of hands at a Barr general meeting today (8 January), the company said. The merger is expected to go through on 30 January, but remains subject to approval from the UK's Office of Fair Trading.
Barr and Britvic agreed in November on an all-share merger to create what will be one of Europe's largest soft drinks makers. Barr Britvic Soft Drinks is expected to have an annual turnover of around GBP1.5bn (US$2.4bn).
It follows a difficult 2012 for Britvic that saw problems caused by a product recall and bad weather in Europe.
To see just-drinks' full coverage of AG Barr and Britvic's proposed merger, click here.
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
The company is focused on following three main strategies in 2013 in order to maintain its presence as one of the leading soft drinks manufacturers in the UK. These are innovation, increased distribut...
Britvic requires a "significant cultural change", an analyst has warned while dismissing its chairman's claims performance has improved since it agreed to merge with AG Barr....
Juices in the United Kingdom industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2007-11, and forecast to 2016). The profile also contains...
The drinks sector is particularly fertile ground for mergers and acquisition activity, with a number of big businesses accustomed to making acquisitions to spur growth, new players popping up all over...
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review