UK: AG Barr set fair for full-year
UK soft drinks group AG Barr is on track to meet its full-year financial targets, the company said today (24 January).
In a trading update, AG Barr said its performance is in line with expectations for the second half of its financial year to 27 January.
"This has been a challenging year throughout the business with significant operational improvements having been made at the same time as we have accelerated our top line sales performance," said Roger White, AG Barr's chief executive.
"We are pleased with the progress we have made this past financial year and believe it provides us with a strong platform for further profitable growth."
The Irn Bru producer also said that "the continued competitive nature of the market" had failed to slow performance in the last six months. AG Barr will unveil its preliminary results on 26 March.
In September, the company posted a rise in both pre-tax profits and sales for the first half of the year. Profits were up to GBP9.4m (US$17.8m) from GBP8.7m in the corresponding period a year earlier. Sales, meanwhile, registered an 8.9% increase to GBP72.2m.
In this month's just-drinks interview, Roger White, chief executive of the Scottish soft drinks producer AG Barr, spoke with Annette Farr about the company's iconic brand Irn-Bru, which has bucked the...
AG Barr is launching a larger can size for its Irn-Bru 32 energy drink....
AG Barr has released an upbeat trading update for the first three months of its financial year....
Coca-Cola GB has not been drawn on reports that it is in talks with Highland Spring, despite recent press speculation....
Irn Bru is launching an advertising campaign involving Goths holidaying in Blackpool to a soundtrack by The Undertones....
The Coca-Cola Co. has stayed silent on speculation that it may be looking to acquire Scottish soft drinks company AG Barr....
UK soft drinks company Nichols has confirmed that it is still locked in talks about a possible takeover....
UK soft drinks group Nichols has snapped up Cariel Soft Drinks....
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Diageo's FY performance by region - Focus
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Time to take stock of Constellation's Corona
- The future for drinks industry's waste products
- Diageo sets sights on alcohol-alternative trends
- SABMiller puts brakes on A-B InBev integration
- "We tried to make Bushmills hot" - Diageo CEO
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- Brexit "not a big deal" for Scotch - Diageo CEO
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends