UK: AG Barr readies summer push, NPD for Rubicon in UK
AG Barr will bring a lychee-flavoured still version of Rubicon to the UK
AG Barr has lined up a summer assault in the UK for its Rubicon soft drinks brand, including an advertising campaign and the release of a new flavour variant.
The company, which acquired Rubicon in 2008, said earlier this week that it will spend GBP2m (US$3m) on two, 30-second TV ads that will run across the UK. The ad, which will appear during July and August, will run alongside advertising on ten “Ethnic TV” channels covering Pakistani, Indian, Sri Lankan and Bangladeshi audiences from March to December.
At the same time, a lychee variant will be added to the brand's 50cl still range
“The ethnic population (in the UK) has doubled in size since 1991 and now stands at 9m, up from 4.5m in 2001,” said Adrian Troy, AG Barr's head of marketing. “The ethnic population is expanding rapidly and the ethnic shopper base is now significant right across the country. By 2021, ethnic shoppers will make up nearly a quarter of the population.
“Rubicon is not only a core ethnic brand, but also a fast growing mainstream national brand,” Troy added. “Retailers need to redefine their ranges to ensure that they reflect changing populations and tastes.”
The marketing activity will be supported by online and digital activity, while a sampling campaign will run throughout the summer at events and locations including Mela events, festivals and high streets.
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- What's in store for Super Bowl 50 - Focus
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Key trends for beer in 2016 - Focus
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- Diageo's Oban Little Bay single malt Scotch - NPD
- Diageo nears wine exit with Acacia sale to Peju
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research