UK: AG Barr readies further cricket push for Rubicon
Click through to see Rubicon's graphic for the Friends Life T20 tournament
AG Barr has extended its cricket-based campaign for the Rubicon soft drinks brand in the UK.
The company, which acquired Rubicon in 2008, said late last week that the brand's 'Love Cricket' campaign will partner the Friends Life T20 tournament for a second year. The partnership with the 20-over cricket tournament, which starts at the beginning of next month, forms part of Rubicon’s GBP5m (US$8.2m) brand support package for 2011, the company said.
“Following the successful sponsorship of the 2011 ICC Cricket World Cup coverage on Sky Sports, the 'Love Cricket' campaign continues with partnership of the Friends Life t20, which offers significant TV visibility including on-pitch branding at the 37 Sky broadcast matches,” said AG Barr's head of marketing, Adrian Troy.
The sponsorship will be supported in grounds, via a national sampling campaign as well as online via www.mangomoments.co.uk.
The Friends Life T20 includes 151 matches, with the final taking place on 27 August.
AG Barr's portfolio also includes Irn Bru, Strathmore, Orangina, Barrs and Rockstar.
- A tobacco analogy soft drinks will want to embrace
- PepsiCo to consider more re-franchising - CEO
- Cleaning China's seedier side brings Remy balance
- just The Preview - SABMiller's Q1
- Pernod's Portman Group penalty - a coincidence?
- Diageo's Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned
- Diageo faces public consultation over W&M sale
- William Grant silent on Drambuie bid talk
- Bacardi to fight US football team legal action
- Alcohol retailer group appoints new chairman