UK: AG Barr poaches William Grant exec
AG Barr has announced that its finance director and operations director will retire early in the next financial year, with their replacements having already been found.
The UK-based soft drinks group said yesterday (28 January) that William Grant & Sons' group finance director Alex Short will replace Iain Greenock as finance director from 1 July. To fill the shoes of Alan Bibby as operations director, AG Barr has promoted Andrew Memmott from his former position as head of manufacturing. Memmott will take on the role from 1 March, the company said.
In addition, Julie Barr, who has been with the company for four years in the role of commercial finance manager, will become company secretary and legal affairs manager from 1 March.
AG Barr chief executive Roger White said: "Alan and Iain retire with our very best wishes and sincere thanks for the huge contribution they have both made to AG Barr over many years. At the same time we are delighted to appoint Alex, Andrew and Julie all of whom will add significantly to our future plans for the business."
William Grant & Sons has launched an addition to its Balvenie Single Malt Scotch Whiskies range....
Whyte & Mackay has declined to comment on reports that it is considering a move for Glenmorangie's Glen Moray Distillery....
William Grant & Sons US has appointed Sam Simmons as the "first-ever" Balvenie brand ambassador....
William Grant & Sons has appointed Lesley Jackson as its new group finance director....
Glenfiddich is to launch a new release of its Glenfiddich Rare Collection 40 Year Old Single Malt Scotch Whisky in honour of whisky writer and broadcaster Michael Jackson, who passed away in the summe...
AG Barr has reported a slight lift in sales for the first 13 weeks of its current financial year....
AG Barr said today (19 May) that the company has started the year well with revenue in the first 15 weeks ahead of the corresponding period last year....
Independent family distiller William Grant & Sons has announced the appointment of Peter Gordon to the position of non-executive chairman....
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- William Grant names Europe & NA Travel Retail head
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends