UK: AG Barr plans Xmas push for Irn-Bru
UK soft drinks producer AG Barr has said it will be stepping up marketing and promotional activity behind its Irn-Bru brand over the Christmas period, with the marketing push to include a national television advertising campaign.
The Christmas ad campaign forms part of the company's GBP7m annual spend on the brand, and will be supported with limited-edition labelling, featuring images from its Snowman TV adverts, and price promotions on all 330ml, 500ml and 2-litre packs.
The company is also planning to introduce a new look to its 250ml bottle size which is available as a single or 8-pack purchase.
In spite of poor summer weather, AG Barr said Irn-Bru grew its national market share in June, July and August, posting growth in August alone of 6.5% in value terms and 17% in volumes. According to the latest Nielsen data, the brand is showing 3% value growth year-on-year, the company said.
The recent launch of Irn-Bru 32 in 330ml cans has also boosted sales and distribution of the brand, the company added.
"The total Irn-Bru brand has performed very well this year," said AG Barr commercial director Jonathan Kemp. "Combined sales revenue for Irn-Bru and Diet Irn-Bru achieved a 2% growth in the first six months despite the poor summer weather. Christmas is a key trading period for the industry and we have put an exciting programme of activity together to ensure that Irn-Bru continues to deliver phenomenal sales both nationally and in Scotland right through to Hogmanay and the New Year."
AG Barr has unveiled a new range of CSDs for the UK market....
A.G.Barr shrugged off the effects of poor weather and a toughening UK market to deliver growth in sales, margin and pretax profits for its full year....
Nichols plc has posted a healthy lift in full-year profits, with sales inching upwards in 2007....
AG Barr has announced that its finance director and operations director will retire early in the next financial year, with their replacements having already been found....
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- Coca-Cola Beverages Africa - A new powerhouse
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- Diageo starts formal talks over UK pension cuts
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- AB InBev faces US$7bn price rise for SABMiller
- Diageo silent on United Spirits job losses
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends