AG Barr lines up new board member
Barr bought Funkin Cocktail's last month
AG Barr has appointed the head of a UK housebuilding firm to its board of directors.
David Ritchie, Bovis Homes Group's CEO, will join the board as an independent non-executive director from 1 April, Barr said today. He joined Bovis in 1998 from KPMG and has led the company since 2008.
AG Barr chairman John Nicolson said Ritchie “brings with him a wealth of highly-relevant experience and I look forward to his involvement”.
Last month, UK-based Barr acquired cocktail mixers and syrups firm Funkin in a deal worth GBP21m (US$31.5m).
This month, soft drinks commentator Ray Rowlands takes a look at how various beverage companies are still keeping bubbles alive, despite the on-going decline in the world's carbonated soft drinks mark...
Deposit schemes for drinks packaging will not increase reuse or recycling rates, a senior Coca-Cola Enterprises executive has claimed....
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Soft drinks is losing the recycling game
- Cognac is back - is Remy Cointreau ready?
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- Pernod Ricard posts solid YTD sales jump - results
- Pernod Ricard YTD fiscal-2017 sales performance
- Cognac needs innovation at bottom end - Pernod
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Flavoured Powder Drinks in 2017: Confronting an Ageing World