UK: AG Barr launches latest Irn-Bru ad
AG Barr is spending GBP2.5m (US$4.02m) on its latest marketing campaign
AG Barr has released the third Irn-Bru advert in its GBP2.5m (US$4.02m) marketing campaign in Scotland.
The ad, which will run on TV and in cinemas in Scotland from today (23 April), shows a man coming to terms with a difficult blind date by drinking Irn-Bru. The Scottish soft-drinks company said the advert “celebrates Scots' ability to bounce back from tough situations by having a sense of humour about whatever life throws at them”.
The tagline for the campaign is “Irn-Bru gets you through”.
The previous two adverts were released on 28 March and the campaign will run for three months.
A spokeswoman for Irn-Bru told just-drinks there are no plans to release the adverts in other regions.
The adverts, created by the Leith Agency, which was also behind the Irn-Bru Snowman ad, can be viewed on the Irn-Bru website and Facebook page.
AG Barr also owns brands including Rubicon Exotic juice drinks, Tizer, St Clements, and Orangina, which is produced under licence from Schweppes International.
Last month, AG Barr warned rising sugar prices could push costs up 5%.
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Industry is following the pack to patriotic party
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Diageo unveils first European Johnnie Walker House
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Diageo's Smirnoff Red, White & Berry - NPD
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends