UK: AG Barr hooks Irn-Bru up with Scottish Football League
AG Barr has signed a three-year deal with The Scottish Football League, making its Irn-Bru brand the official sponsor.
The company said today (23 July) that the deal, worth in excess of GBP3m (US$6.17m), will begin on 4 August and support the three divisions of the SFL.
AG Barr's chief executive Roger White said: "We're looking forward to supporting the League and its member clubs in creative ways, working innovatively to support the game and connect with fans. This represents our biggest ever investment in a sponsorship. Sponsorship in the football field presents a great opportunity for any company and no more so than with The Scottish Football League and Irn-Bru."
SFL chief executive David Longmuir added: "The Scottish Football League will work closely with Irn-Bru to promote and develop the game in Scotland using a range of initiatives which will be innovative, exciting and unique."
AG Barr recently invested GBP1m ($2m) in the launch of a new 330ml can size for its Irn-Bru 32 energy drink. The move followed the news that overall revenue in the three months from the end of January to the end of April was up by 21% compared with the same period last year. Stripping out proceeds from the Strathmore water business, which was acquired in June last year, revenue increased by 11%.
AG Barr has confirmed the acquisition of two functional water brands in the UK....
American Enterprise Development Corp. has signed a co-branding deal with the US Air Force Academy for its Havoc energy drink....
AG Barr has seen its sales slow during the summer, thanks to the poor weather in the UK....
The US has overtaken Thailand as the global leader for energy drink sales, according to an industry report....
AG Barr has introduced festive packaging, with images of 'The Snowman', for its Irn-Bru drinks range....
Coca-Cola Amatil has upped its profit forecast for the second half of this year....
Redux Beverages has announced an addition to its line of energy drinks based on the fictional drink from the cult film Idiocracy....
Nichols has announced two changes to its board, whereby its executive chairman continues the role in a non-executive capacity and its finance director is promoted to chief executive....
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Interview, Fever-Tree's founders
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research