UK: AG Barr hails strong start to year
AG Barr said today (19 May) that the company has started the year well with revenue in the first 15 weeks ahead of the corresponding period last year.
The UK softt drinks company saw it as a "particularly positive performance" in light of the good weather experienced during April and May of last year and said it "reflects the continued progress being made across its portfolio".
"Trading conditions are competitive across the soft drinks category but the company remains confident at this early stage that it's on course for another successful year," chairman Robin Barr said ahead of AG Barr's AGM today.
Last month the UK-based soft drinks group reported a pretax profit of GBP20.8m (US$40.59m) for the 12 months to 26 January from GBP16.4m a year earlier, reflecting the significant prior year exceptional costs of re-organisation and rationalisation. Total sales grew by 4.6% from GBP141.9m to GBP148.4m in the period.
AG Barr's brands include Irn-Bru, Strathmore, Tizer and Orangina.
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week....
Soft drinks group AG Barr has said that growth from its core Irn-Bru brand and a new partnership with Rockstar Energy boosted sales in its first half....
AG Barr has escaped an investigation by the UK's advertising watchdog, after its sexually provocative Orangina advert prompted hundreds of complaints from viewers....
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Amazon adds alcohol to one-hour delivery service
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research