UK: AG Barr H1 profits up, but caution remains for FY
- First-half net profits rise by 11.6% to GBP12.5m (US$19.4m)
- Operating profits edge up by 3.7% to GBP16.8m
- Net sales climb by 4% to GBP123.9m
- Company remains cautious for the second half
AG Barr's first-half pre-tax profits edged up by 5.8%
AG Barr has recorded an increase in first-half net profits, but said it remains cautious about the second half of the year.
For the six months to 30 July, the Rubicon and Strathmore producer reported an 11.6% increase in net profits to GBP12.5m (US$19.4m). Operating profits in the period edged up by 3.7% to GBP16.8m, the company reported today (27 September).
Sales in the first-half rose by 4% to GBP123.9m. The performance was driven by sales increases of 2.3% in carbonates and 9.8% in still brands, AG Barr said. Irn-Bru sales however, declined by 1.2% in the period.
“Whilst we expect general trading to remain challenging over the coming months," the company said, "we do believe AG Barr can continue to trade well throughout this period, benefiting from significantly less strenuous second-half comparatives, strong cost control, excellent innovation and a full programme of sales activity across the second half.”
Click here to view the full earnings release.
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- William Grant names Europe & NA Travel Retail head
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends