UK: AG Barr goes for personalised bottle push
The personalised Irn Bru line-up
The limited-edition glass bottles, which went on sale in Scotland yesterday (19 June), are labelled Fanny, Senga, Rab or Tam, Barr said. The names also nod to Irn Bru's “Fanny” TV ad, Barr's biggest online hit, and long-serving staff at the Scottish company, Barr said.
“We were inundated with requests for the Fanny bottles to be made so we thought our fans could enjoy a taste of Scotland with Fanny and some other well-loved, traditional names that mean a lot to Irn-Bru,” a Barr spokesperson said.
Coca-Cola has launched a range of personalised products across Europe in its Share A Coke campaign. In the UK, 150 common names are featured on bottles in place of the Coca-Cola logo.
Barr, which won provisional clearance from the UK competition authorities earlier this month for a merger with Britvic, attracted complaints over another ad in its latest campaign, with some viewers branding it anti-English.
Barr (AG) Plc in Soft Drinks (United Kingdom)
Barr (AG) Plc is focused on joining forces with Britvic Soft Drinks Ltd to become a joint partner company in what is expected to be the largest European soft drinks company. The formulation of the mer...read more
The Coca-Cola Co (TCCC) is the leading player in both soft drinks and in HW soft drinks. The company’s strength is based on its diversity of category presence from HW carbonates to RTD tea and bottled...
Plimsoll Publishing’s CARBONATED BEVERAGE PRODUCTION (China) Analysis provides a detailed overview of the CARBONATED BEVERAGE PRODUCTION (China) market and delivers a comprehensive individual analysis...
Consumption of fruit/vegetable juice declined in 2012 in both the off-trade and on-trade channels. Off-trade volume sales of fruit/vegetable juice fell by 5% in 2012; a third consecutive year of decli...
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- SABMiller, Meantime Brewing say goodbye to 'craft'
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report