UK: AG Barr goes for personalised bottle push
The personalised Irn Bru line-up
The limited-edition glass bottles, which went on sale in Scotland yesterday (19 June), are labelled Fanny, Senga, Rab or Tam, Barr said. The names also nod to Irn Bru's “Fanny” TV ad, Barr's biggest online hit, and long-serving staff at the Scottish company, Barr said.
“We were inundated with requests for the Fanny bottles to be made so we thought our fans could enjoy a taste of Scotland with Fanny and some other well-loved, traditional names that mean a lot to Irn-Bru,” a Barr spokesperson said.
Coca-Cola has launched a range of personalised products across Europe in its Share A Coke campaign. In the UK, 150 common names are featured on bottles in place of the Coca-Cola logo.
Barr, which won provisional clearance from the UK competition authorities earlier this month for a merger with Britvic, attracted complaints over another ad in its latest campaign, with some viewers branding it anti-English.
Plimsoll Publishing’s CARBONATED BEVERAGE PRODUCTION (China) Analysis provides a detailed overview of the CARBONATED BEVERAGE PRODUCTION (China) market and delivers a comprehensive individual analysis...
Consumption of fruit/vegetable juice declined in 2012 in both the off-trade and on-trade channels. Off-trade volume sales of fruit/vegetable juice fell by 5% in 2012; a third consecutive year of decli...
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- 5 reasons why Constellation's Meiomi buy works
- NPD: The Clear Soft Drink Trend is Back
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Pernod Ricard allays Havana Club shortage fears
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research