UK: AG Barr goes for personalised bottle push
The personalised Irn Bru line-up
The limited-edition glass bottles, which went on sale in Scotland yesterday (19 June), are labelled Fanny, Senga, Rab or Tam, Barr said. The names also nod to Irn Bru's “Fanny” TV ad, Barr's biggest online hit, and long-serving staff at the Scottish company, Barr said.
“We were inundated with requests for the Fanny bottles to be made so we thought our fans could enjoy a taste of Scotland with Fanny and some other well-loved, traditional names that mean a lot to Irn-Bru,” a Barr spokesperson said.
Coca-Cola has launched a range of personalised products across Europe in its Share A Coke campaign. In the UK, 150 common names are featured on bottles in place of the Coca-Cola logo.
Barr, which won provisional clearance from the UK competition authorities earlier this month for a merger with Britvic, attracted complaints over another ad in its latest campaign, with some viewers branding it anti-English.
Barr (AG) Plc in Soft Drinks (United Kingdom)
Barr (AG) Plc is focused on joining forces with Britvic Soft Drinks Ltd to become a joint partner company in what is expected to be the largest European soft drinks company. The formulation of the mer...read more
The Coca-Cola Co (TCCC) is the leading player in both soft drinks and in HW soft drinks. The company’s strength is based on its diversity of category presence from HW carbonates to RTD tea and bottled...
Following the acquisition of Irish company C&C (Ireland) Ltd in 2007 Britvic Ireland Ltd has held a firm position in soft drinks, offering leading brands such as Club and Ballygowan in Ireland. Despit...
Plimsoll Publishing’s CARBONATED BEVERAGE PRODUCTION (China) Analysis provides a detailed overview of the CARBONATED BEVERAGE PRODUCTION (China) market and delivers a comprehensive individual analysis...
Consumption of fruit/vegetable juice declined in 2012 in both the off-trade and on-trade channels. Off-trade volume sales of fruit/vegetable juice fell by 5% in 2012; a third consecutive year of decli...
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- Mike’s Hard Lemonade Could Be a Hard Sell
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q4 & FY
- Focus - Suntory Holdings' FY Performance
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo adds Dubai to Johnnie Walker skyline series
- Asahi Beverages CEO to step down - report
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report