UK: AG Barr gives Irn-Bru TV push ahead of Commonwealth Games - video
AG Barr is set to re-run three television adverts in the north of England to push its Irn-Bru CSD in the region.
The company said earlier today (2 April) that the ads will appear from next month and form the latest prong of the 'Irn-Bru Gets You Through' marketing push. AG Barr is spending GBP5m (US$8.3m) on Irn-Bru in the UK this year, with the ads appearing through May and June.
The ads, entitled ‘Baby’, ‘Mum’ and ‘New Fella’, back AG Barr's sponsorship of this year's Commonwealth Games, which take place this Summer in Glasgow.
AG Barr also used today's announcement to detail a renewal of Irn-Bru's sponsorship of Rugby Super League for the 2014 season, which runs until October. Financial details behind the tie-up were not disclosed.
Last week, AG Barr posted a strong set of full-year results for 2013, with both sales and profits increasing in the 12-month period.
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Ten questions for Diageo - Analysis
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- William Grant names Europe & NA Travel Retail head
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Craft Beer: Coming of Age or Past Its Prime?
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report