UK: AG Barr extends Rockstar distribution deal
AG Barr extends Rockstar contract
Soft drinks group AG Barr has extended its sales and distribution contract with Rockstar Inc for its namesake energy drink in the UK and Ireland.
The two firms have signed a ten-year deal, AG Barr announced today (10 February).
AG Barr launched Rockstar energy drink in the UK in 2007 and since 2009 has manufactured Rockstar 500ml cans at its Cumbernauld production facility.
Jonathan Kemp, commercial director at AG Barr, said: “UK consumers have really adopted the Rockstar brand since we successfully launched it here in 2007.
"Our partners Rockstar Inc have backed us all the way with both marketing and NPD investment and this new agreement, underlines the partnership and commitment of both parties to the long term development of this exciting brand in the UK.”
The Rockstar range includes; Original, Sugar Free, Juiced, Guava Punched and Energy Cola.
Zach Lambakis, Rockstar's executive vice president for global business development, said: “By extending our deal early and moving into a long-term agreement we can now focus on our continued success and building of our brand."
AG Barr last month said it expects full-year profits to exceed expectations after sales in its final quarter were boosted by a strong performance from carbonates and Rubicon brands.
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- IAADFS Duty Free Show of the Americas - Preview
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Heineken releases colour-change bottles
- Baijius brand value overtakes whisk(e)y - figures
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends