UK: AG Barr delivers despite tough market
AG Barr, the Scottish based manufacturer of soft drinks, has reported a 13% increase in full year profit on ordinary activities before tax to £15.6m. Turnover reached £127.2m, an increase of 3%.
Chairman, Robin Barr, said: "I am delighted to report continued strong growth in profits at A.G.Barr, further demonstrating the good progress the business is making. This performance is all the more pleasing against a backdrop of difficult trading conditions relating largely to the poor weather of 2004."
Roger White, CEO, said: "The progress we have made across the last 12 months is reflected in our excellent financial performance.
"The resilience and flexibility of the business has been tested in what has been a difficult year for many - I am pleased to report we have continued to build on our previous year's performance across all areas of the business.
"Business performance for the first eight weeks of the current financial year is in line with our plans."
Sectors: Soft drinks
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- 5 reasons why Constellation's Meiomi buy works
- NPD: The Clear Soft Drink Trend is Back
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Pernod Ricard allays Havana Club shortage fears
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research