ALGERIA: AG Barr confirms Irn-Bru Algeria debut reports
Local entrepreneur Othman Ben Sheikh has started importing Irn-Bru into Algeria
AG Barr has clarified reports that a local distributor has begun importing Irn-Bru into Algeria.
According to local reports today (12 July), local entrepreneur Othman Ben Sheikh, started importing the Scottish soft drink into Algeria at the beginning of the year. It is understood he is hoping Irn-Bru will become as popular as local drink Hamoud - a cloudy lemonade.
Irn-Bru is not currently available in Algeria through AG Barr, and a spokesperson for the firm told just-drinks that it has no immediate plans to launch the soft drink in the country.
The spokesperson added: "We can confirm that a local distributor in Algeria has started to import Irn-Bru into the country."
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Premiumisation comes to bottled water - NPD
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Private equity poised for SABMiller Europe buy?
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- AB InBev to sell SABMiller Cent'l, E Europe assets
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Carbonates in India