ALGERIA: AG Barr confirms Irn-Bru Algeria debut reports
Local entrepreneur Othman Ben Sheikh has started importing Irn-Bru into Algeria
AG Barr has clarified reports that a local distributor has begun importing Irn-Bru into Algeria.
According to local reports today (12 July), local entrepreneur Othman Ben Sheikh, started importing the Scottish soft drink into Algeria at the beginning of the year. It is understood he is hoping Irn-Bru will become as popular as local drink Hamoud - a cloudy lemonade.
Irn-Bru is not currently available in Algeria through AG Barr, and a spokesperson for the firm told just-drinks that it has no immediate plans to launch the soft drink in the country.
The spokesperson added: "We can confirm that a local distributor in Algeria has started to import Irn-Bru into the country."
- The End of the Road for International Beer Brands?
- Comment - Another One Bites Bacardi's Dust
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- US craft vodka puts squeeze on Pernod's Absolut
- just The Preview - Pernod Ricard's Q4 & FY
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- Pernod bemoans tough FY as sales, profits drop
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Bacardi announces CFO switch
- SABMiller exec to become CFO at Beam Suntory