US: AEDC ups Havoc American Football presence
American Enterprise Development Corporation (AEDC) is looking to up its presence on the American Football scene in the US.
The company, which produces the Havoc energy drink brand, said yesterday (17 February) that it has teamed up with arenafootball2 league football team the Amarillo Dusters in Texas to produce an Amarillo Dusters-branded version of Havoc. The beverage will be distributed by Miller of Amarillo, and increases AEDC's presence in the af2 arena. The company has a multi-year partnership as the official drink of the af2 league.
Havoc is distributed as a co-branded energy drink bearing the league and team trademarks and logos. Partnering with the af2 allows Havoc to have exposure at 30 arenas across the country, with AEDC hoping to roll out "numerous other af2 teams over the next few months".
Financial specifics of the arrangement were not disclosed.
"We are excited to be a part of the fast growing sport of arenafootball2," said Havoc's president CK Williams. "We have been strategically planning the roll out of the af2 branded energy drinks and expect to see great success as this programme is rolled out in Amarillo."
The ninth season of the 29-team af2 league kicks off at the end of March. The league serves as a vehicle to bring arena football to small and midsize US cities and as a developmental league for the major professional football leagues in the country.
AG Barr last week took one step closer to becoming a cosmopolitan brand owner as it snapped up tropical fruit juice group Rubicon on Tuesday (5 August)....
Functional drinks may be a relatively recent phenomenon in many markets but they are certainly nothing new in Japan where 'genki' energy drinks have been enthusiastically consumed for decades. Moreove...
Hansen Natural has said profits increased 35% in its first half, but the group warned of rising raw materials costs and a slowing energy drink market in the US....
Speculation is growing that Cadbury Schweppes intends to sell its Australian soft drinks arm, after it announced a review of the business this week....
Coca-Cola Hellenic has posted a slide in profits for its half-year, despite lifting sales in what the company has described as a "difficult trading environment"....
A natural energy drink provocatively named Pussy, and currently being re-launched in the UK, has stirred up complaints after featuring on a popular television show....
Dr Pepper Snapple Group has acquired a minority stake in Hydrive Energy in the US....
Energy drink manufacturer DC Brands International has appointed Ashley Coors as national director of distributor sales....
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Will the Selfie Prove the Tonic for Beauty Drinks?
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review