Product Launch - UK: Adnams' Ginger Beer, Sole Star
Click through to view Adnams' Sole Star and Ginger Beer
Adnams' Ginger Beer, Sole Star
Category - Beer, bottled, low alcohol, 2.5% abv for Ginger Beer, 2.7% abv for Sole Star
Available - From this month
Location - UK, in London and across East Anglia
Price - Ginger Beer retails at GBP14.99 (US$23.40) per 12x50cl bottles. Sole Star available at GBP10.99 per pack of 8x50cl bottles
Distribution - Adnams
UK brewer Adnams has launched two low-alcohol bottled beers in its domestic market. The company is targeting lunchtime and early evening consumption occasions through the release of Ginger Beer and Sole Star.
Adnams introduces two low alcohol bottled beers for Summer Drinkers - Ginger Beer and Sole Star
3rd August 2012
Adnams, the Suffolk brewer, distiller and retailer, has launched two great-tasting, low alcohol bottled beers, perfect for summer drinking occasions.
The new tipples include a brand new Ginger Beer and the introduction of Adnams Sole Star into bottles for the first time. Both beers have been developed in response to demand for lower alcohol beers that can be enjoyed at lunchtime, as an early evening beer and throughout this summer of sport.
The base of the Ginger Beer (2.5% abv) uses the wort from bottled Broadside, to which fermented ginger and orange peel are added, before even more ginger and lemon and lime zest are added with a little sugar to sweeten the taste. The result is a fun and exciting low alcohol drink with a real Adnams flavour.
The new bottled Sole Star (2.7% abv) is named after the brightest star in the sky (the Sun), which rises over the East Coast and Adnams Sole Bay Brewery every morning. The full-flavoured and great-tasting pale amber beer has a light floral and citrus aroma, gentle caramel notes and a good level of bitterness.
Fergus Fitzgerald, Adnams’ head brewer, said: “It was really important to us to provide our customers with a selection of lower alcohol beers that don’t compromise at all on taste and allow them to drink responsibly over the coming summer months.
“Each of the beers has its own light and refreshing unique flavour and will be the perfect accompaniment to lunchtime picnics, after-work drinks and Summer BBQs alike.”
Adnams Sole Star is available in 8 x 500ml bottles and is priced at £10.99. The Ginger Beer is available in 12 x 500ml bottles, priced at £14.99. Both products are available to purchase in all Adnams Cellar & Kitchen stores across London and East Anglia and online at www.adnams.co.uk.
Original source: Company Release
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Cognac is back - is Remy Cointreau ready?
- Soft drinks is losing the recycling game
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- Pernod Ricard posts solid YTD sales jump - results
- Pernod Ricard YTD fiscal-2017 sales performance
- Cognac needs innovation at bottom end - Pernod
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Flavoured Powder Drinks in 2017: Confronting an Ageing World