US: Addition to PepsiAmericas board announced
The company said yesterday (18 December) that Deborah Powell will join the board. Dr Powell is Dean of the Medical School at the University of Minnesota, Twin Cities.
"Deborah is a strategic thinker that brings a distinctively new and different perspective to PepsiAmericas," said company chairman and CEO Robert Pohlad. "Her diverse experiences as both a business and academic leader will make her a significant contributor to the PepsiAmericas' board."
The company also amended its company by-laws yesterday, to provide for the election of directors by a majority vote standard in uncontested elections. In contested elections, the plurality vote standard would remain in place.
PepsiAmericas has operations in 19 US states, Central Europe and the Caribbean.
Coca-Cola's US$4.1bn acquisition of Glacéau gives the company a presence in the growing enhanced waters sector where, writes Annette Farr, the soft drinks giant will be competing not only with smaller...
PepsiCo has stayed silent on speculation suggesting it is looking to buy a kvas brand in Russia....
PepsiCo has unveiled a cucumber-flavoured variant in Japan....
The so-called 'mid-tier' level is proving the battlefield for mergers and acquisitions in the European soft drinks industry, according to a recent report....
PepsiCo's CEO has admitted she made a mistake in not standing up against the pesticides-in-cola controversy....
PepsiAmericas and PepsiCo are set to acquire 80% of Ukrainian juice company Sandora....
Coca-Cola Co. and PepsiCo. are locked into a bidding war for Ukrainian soft drinks producer Sandora during its final stages of auction....
The Coca-Cola Co.'s Mexican unit has been hit by a fine for monopoly practices in the country....
- Are we kidding ourselves over craft spirits?
- What's behind Brown-Forman's Irish whiskey plans?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- How good a sustainability fit are ABI and SAB?
- The new Johnnie Walker ad and today's consumers
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- Chandon to become "third pillar brand" for MH
- Brown-Forman silent on Southern Comfort report
- Stoli appoints international marketing director
- Moet Hennessy hails Formula One deal for Chandon
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research