US: Addition to PepsiAmericas board announced
The company said yesterday (18 December) that Deborah Powell will join the board. Dr Powell is Dean of the Medical School at the University of Minnesota, Twin Cities.
"Deborah is a strategic thinker that brings a distinctively new and different perspective to PepsiAmericas," said company chairman and CEO Robert Pohlad. "Her diverse experiences as both a business and academic leader will make her a significant contributor to the PepsiAmericas' board."
The company also amended its company by-laws yesterday, to provide for the election of directors by a majority vote standard in uncontested elections. In contested elections, the plurality vote standard would remain in place.
PepsiAmericas has operations in 19 US states, Central Europe and the Caribbean.
Coca-Cola's US$4.1bn acquisition of Glacéau gives the company a presence in the growing enhanced waters sector where, writes Annette Farr, the soft drinks giant will be competing not only with smaller...
PepsiCo has stayed silent on speculation suggesting it is looking to buy a kvas brand in Russia....
PepsiCo has unveiled a cucumber-flavoured variant in Japan....
The so-called 'mid-tier' level is proving the battlefield for mergers and acquisitions in the European soft drinks industry, according to a recent report....
PepsiCo's CEO has admitted she made a mistake in not standing up against the pesticides-in-cola controversy....
PepsiAmericas and PepsiCo are set to acquire 80% of Ukrainian juice company Sandora....
Coca-Cola Co. and PepsiCo. are locked into a bidding war for Ukrainian soft drinks producer Sandora during its final stages of auction....
The Coca-Cola Co.'s Mexican unit has been hit by a fine for monopoly practices in the country....
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- Guinness: A Great Day for St James's Gate
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Wines of the Beautiful South Ups its Game
- Patron Spirits' Patron Citrónge Lime
- Wm Grant CMO to head Orangina Scweppes Int'l
- Heineken rejects SABMiller purchase proposal
- Bacardi-Martini appoints Southern Europe chief
- William Grant gives Sailor Jerry pack revamp