US: AD seals distribution deals
Allied Domecq Spirits & Wine North America has announced two new distribution deals. The drinks group has agreed to give two different companies exclusive distribution rights in different areas of the US.
Southern Wine & Spirits of America, Inc. (SWS) will have the exclusive distribution rights to Allied Domecq's full portfolio of spirits and wine brands in the states of Arizona, Kentucky and Pennsylvania, while providing a contract extension in South Carolina. National Distributing Company (NDC), meanwhile, has been granted exclusive distribution rights to Allied Domecq's spirits and wine ranges in Colorado.
In a joint statement, Jim Clerkin, president of Allied Domecq Spirits, North America, and Bill Newlands, president of Allied Domecq Wines, USA, said, "SWS was selected because it is the best in market with the best business assets for our brands. We selected NDC to exclusively represent our portfolio based on the strong performance and consistent track record established by NDC in previous years."
"Allied Domecq's dynamic portfolio of spirits and wine brands generate significant value to our business," said Wayne Chaplin, president of SWS. "Allied Domecq is one of the leading spirits and wine suppliers in the industry and this long-term relationship will allow our focused sales force to represent a terrific portfolio of brands."
Jay Davis, chairman and CEO of NDC, said: "Allied Domecq is one of the leading spirits and wine suppliers in the industry and this long-term relationship will allow our committed sales force to represent a terrific portfolio of brands. More importantly, Allied Domecq and NDC have a longstanding relationship built on integrity and loyalty. The continuation of this strong relationship ensures no disruptions for our entire customer base."
Conflicting reports circulated this weekend over whether Bacardi International is looking to form a counter-bid for Allied Domecq....
Todays press reports into Pernod and Fortune's hopes to buy Allied Domecq warn of possible conflicts and set a date for completion....
Allied Domecq has added a new flavour to its Malibu range. The company said yesterday that it would be launching Malibu Passion Fruit in the US from April 15....
Pernod Ricard and Fortune Brands are hoping to buy Allied Domecq for around 670p per share, according to press reports....
LVMH has said it is not looking to buy Mumm Champagne from Allied Domecq....
The US consumer goods group Fortune Brands has confirmed it is in talks about launching a joint bid with Pernod Ricard for Allied Domecq....
Diageo is to launch a new global advertising campaign for Smirnoff Ice. The first ad in the global campaign, 'Garden', launches in Great Britain on April 11th on terrestrial and satellite TV. ...
Fideuram Wargny has upgraded its rating of Pernod Ricard to 'buy' from 'hold'. Its analysts argue that the merger talks with Allied Domecq is a catalyst for share growth....
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Cognac is back - is Remy Cointreau ready?
- Soft drinks is losing the recycling game
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- Pernod Ricard posts solid YTD sales jump - results
- Pernod Ricard YTD fiscal-2017 sales performance
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Flavoured Powder Drinks in 2017: Confronting an Ageing World