US: Ad agency wins sole control over Corona
The US advertising of Mexican beer Corona will be handled by one agency after Cramer-Krasselt secured creative duties for the brand.
The Chicago-based agency won the rights after sharing the contract on Corona with the Richards Group.
Tom McNichols, executive vice president and marketing director at the venture, Crown Imports, praised the work Cramer-Krasselt had done with the brand so far.
"They have managed the difficult task of keeping the creative fresh, but consistently thematic. It's a formula that has helped propel Corona to the position of the top imported beer, and we expect this relationship to bring us continued success."
Cramer-Krasselt CEO Peter Krivkovich added: "We've always been proud of our role in the development of Corona's award-winning campaign - from the iconic lime to the sand and sea imagery."
Corona Extra and Corona Light are the top-selling imported and imported light beers in the US and lead a booming category across the Atlantic.
Sales of import beers rose by 11.3% in the US during the 12 months to the end of July, according to figures published by the US Beer Institute.
The board of directors at Constellation Brands has been extended from seven to eight seats....
Constellation Brands has posted an increase in full-year earnings as rising wine sales in North America and a first contribution from its Vincor International business offset challenges in the UK. The...
Centerra Wines Co. has launched a line extension to its Arbor Mist range....
Sweden's Finance Ministry has confirmed that an official close to the planned privatisation of V&S Group has resigned....
Californian wine producer Brunton Vineyards has agreed a deal to buy Mendocino-based Jeriko Vineyards. Brunton, a subsidiary of US-listed Brunton Vineyards Holdings, said it has signed a letter of int...
Constellation Wines US has added to its Robert Mondavi Private Selection portfolio....
Constellation Brands has completed its acquisition of premium Swedish vodka brand Svedka....
Altia Corporation has extended its regional agreement with Constellation Brands in the Nordic markets....
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- How soft drinks can exploit alcohol's loss
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- Johnnie Walker's Bourbon bent "coincidental"
- Diageo job cut figures "likely overstated"
- Diageo investment paying off for Captain Morgan
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends