AUSTRALIA: Acquisition possible as Foster's continues expansion in India
Foster's, the Australian brewing giant, continues to gear up for a greater push in its Indian operations. The push could include outright acquisitions, long-term brewing contracts or the development of more greenfield facilities of its own. India's The Economic Times, reported that the launch of Foster's beer in Pondicherry on Monday marked the entry of the brand into south India. The move is the beginning of plans to move further south and north from its current markets of Goa, Darman and Diu.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- The European beer market - Focus
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Pernod Ricard offloads Domecq brandies, wines
- Remy snaps up Seattle's Westland Distillery