Product Launch - FRANCE: Ackerman's Affinity Nature, Fruits Rouge, Fruits Exotiques
Click through to view an image of the product
Ackerman's Affinity Nature, Fruits Rouge and Fruits Exotiques
Category - Wine, 'sans alcohol', no calorie
Avaiable - From this week. Launched at Vinexpo 2013
Location - France, selected off-trade outlets
Price - EUR9 (US$12) per 75cl bottle
Distribution - Ackerman
French wine house Ackerman has launched three varities of a zero-alcohol, zero-calorie wine called Affinity
The three variants, which will be made available to selected French off-trade outlets, are 'Nature, 'Fruits' and 'Fruits Exotique'.
Speaking exclusively to just-drinks today (19 June) at Vinexpo, where the product has been launched, Ackerman communications manager Valerie Roulet said Affinity is primarily targeted at women, but also at younger drinkers.
"People expect this kind of product these days," she said. "All the variants taste different, but it's a real wine."
Roulet said Affinity has attracted "a lot of interest" from American, Asian and African visitors to Vinexpo. "Countries with a predominantly Muslim population have been very interested," she said.
The wine has been two years in the planning and contains 0.007% alcohol, Roulet added, which is below the legal threshold to be termed a "sans alcohol" product.
- Has Coca-Cola Jumped From Frying Pan to Fire?
- Interview - Bacardi global marketing boss, whisky
- Constellation grapples with glass as reality bites
- Coca-Cola can unleash Monster with energy plunge
- just The Preview - Carlsberg's Q2 & H1
- Diageo appoints head for Asia marketing unit
- Diageo doubles intake for spirits start-ups scheme
- Coca-Cola secures US$2.15bn stake in Monster
- Second senior exec to depart Bacardi
- AG Barr poaches Diageo exec to be FD