Product Launch - FRANCE: Ackerman's Affinity Nature, Fruits Rouge, Fruits Exotiques
Click through to view an image of the product
Ackerman's Affinity Nature, Fruits Rouge and Fruits Exotiques
Category - Wine, 'sans alcohol', no calorie
Avaiable - From this week. Launched at Vinexpo 2013
Location - France, selected off-trade outlets
Price - EUR9 (US$12) per 75cl bottle
Distribution - Ackerman
French wine house Ackerman has launched three varities of a zero-alcohol, zero-calorie wine called Affinity
The three variants, which will be made available to selected French off-trade outlets, are 'Nature, 'Fruits' and 'Fruits Exotique'.
Speaking exclusively to just-drinks today (19 June) at Vinexpo, where the product has been launched, Ackerman communications manager Valerie Roulet said Affinity is primarily targeted at women, but also at younger drinkers.
"People expect this kind of product these days," she said. "All the variants taste different, but it's a real wine."
Roulet said Affinity has attracted "a lot of interest" from American, Asian and African visitors to Vinexpo. "Countries with a predominantly Muslim population have been very interested," she said.
The wine has been two years in the planning and contains 0.007% alcohol, Roulet added, which is below the legal threshold to be termed a "sans alcohol" product.
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- US spirits pricing went "a little high" - Diageo
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo H1 sales flatline as Q2 improves
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research