UK: Accolade Wines teams with English cricket for Hardys tie-up
Accolade Wine's Hardys wine brand will be the official wine of England cricket
Accolade Wines has secured a sponsorship deal for its Hardys Australian wine brand with the English Cricket Board (ECB).
The tie-up, announced at Lord's cricket ground in London today (21 March), sees Hardys become the 'Official Wine of England cricket' for three-years. Financial details behind the agreement were not disclosed.
“We're incredibly proud to be associated with English cricket for the next three years,” said Paul Schaafsma, Accolade’s UK & Ireland general manager.
Schaafsma also announced that Accolade has signed a sponsorship agreement with broadcaster Sky Sports for Hardys for this year's England international Test matches and Twenty20 games. Former England and Somerset cricketer Sir Ian Botham, turned broadcaster, has also been secured as a brand ambassador for Hardys.
Late last year, Accolade announced a similar deal with Cricket Australia for Hardys.
The deal follows Treasury Wine Estates' co-sponsorship last year of Sky's television coverage of 2013's two Ashes cricket series with its Wolf Blass brand.
Hardys claims to be the "biggest wine brand in England".
Late last year, the company launched a major new UK ad campaign for Hardys.
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts