UK: Accolade Wines takes Geyser Peak international
Click through to view Accolade Wines' Geyser Peak Chardonnay, Merlot and Sauvignon Blanc varietals
Accolade Wines has lined up the worldwide roll-out of a range extension for its recently-purchased Geyser Peak Californian wine brand.
The Australia-headquartered company, which bought Geyser Peak from Ascentia Wine Estates last year, said earlier today (3 April) that Merlot, Chardonnay and Sauvignon Blanc expressions will target the UK and European markets. Three more varietals - Pinot Noir, Cabernet Sauvignon and Pinot Grigio - will be released early next year, Accolade said.
Also next year, two “higher tiers” will roll out in 2014, although further details were not released.
“We believe the new Geyser Peak range presents an ... opportunity for consumers looking for mid-range to premium level Californian wines,” said Accolade's marketing controller, Paul Hillier.
Ondine Chattan, director of winemaking at Geyser Peak, added: "We understand consumers in the UK and Europe are looking for a little more acidity, and a little more tannin and intensity in their wines than the US wine drinker."
The range will be available in World Duty Free from this month at an RRP of GBP8.99 (US$13.65) per 75cl bottle. Further listings will be announced throughout the year.
Glazer's has raised its profile in Tennessee through the purchase of another distributor in the state....
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts