UK: Accolade Wines takes Geyser Peak international
Click through to view Accolade Wines' Geyser Peak Chardonnay, Merlot and Sauvignon Blanc varietals
Accolade Wines has lined up the worldwide roll-out of a range extension for its recently-purchased Geyser Peak Californian wine brand.
The Australia-headquartered company, which bought Geyser Peak from Ascentia Wine Estates last year, said earlier today (3 April) that Merlot, Chardonnay and Sauvignon Blanc expressions will target the UK and European markets. Three more varietals - Pinot Noir, Cabernet Sauvignon and Pinot Grigio - will be released early next year, Accolade said.
Also next year, two “higher tiers” will roll out in 2014, although further details were not released.
“We believe the new Geyser Peak range presents an ... opportunity for consumers looking for mid-range to premium level Californian wines,” said Accolade's marketing controller, Paul Hillier.
Ondine Chattan, director of winemaking at Geyser Peak, added: "We understand consumers in the UK and Europe are looking for a little more acidity, and a little more tannin and intensity in their wines than the US wine drinker."
The range will be available in World Duty Free from this month at an RRP of GBP8.99 (US$13.65) per 75cl bottle. Further listings will be announced throughout the year.
Global Wine industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The profile also ...
The company faced a period of uncertainty at the end of 2012 regarding its future in the midst of A-B InBev and Constellation Brands’ merger discussions. Eventually, in February 2013, all parties reac...
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Sustainability: What Craft Teaches Multi-Nationals
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Kraft Foods agrees Heinz merger
- Chilli targets beer with Rekorderlig Dry Apple
- Anheuser-Busch InBev lines up new chairman
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014