UK: Accolade Wines takes Geyser Peak international
Click through to view Accolade Wines' Geyser Peak Chardonnay, Merlot and Sauvignon Blanc varietals
Accolade Wines has lined up the worldwide roll-out of a range extension for its recently-purchased Geyser Peak Californian wine brand.
The Australia-headquartered company, which bought Geyser Peak from Ascentia Wine Estates last year, said earlier today (3 April) that Merlot, Chardonnay and Sauvignon Blanc expressions will target the UK and European markets. Three more varietals - Pinot Noir, Cabernet Sauvignon and Pinot Grigio - will be released early next year, Accolade said.
Also next year, two “higher tiers” will roll out in 2014, although further details were not released.
“We believe the new Geyser Peak range presents an ... opportunity for consumers looking for mid-range to premium level Californian wines,” said Accolade's marketing controller, Paul Hillier.
Ondine Chattan, director of winemaking at Geyser Peak, added: "We understand consumers in the UK and Europe are looking for a little more acidity, and a little more tannin and intensity in their wines than the US wine drinker."
The range will be available in World Duty Free from this month at an RRP of GBP8.99 (US$13.65) per 75cl bottle. Further listings will be announced throughout the year.
Global Wine industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The profile also ...
The company faced a period of uncertainty at the end of 2012 regarding its future in the midst of A-B InBev and Constellation Brands’ merger discussions. Eventually, in February 2013, all parties reac...
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- Comment - Will We Understand the Language of Rum?
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- just The Preview - Pernod Ricard's Q3 & YTD
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard unveils Havana Club ad campaign
- Global Tequila market hits new highs in 2014
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- Remy Cointreau US head to step down
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets