EUROPE: Accolade Wines shakes-up European structure
Accolade is hoping to improve its "flexibility" with the European split
Accolade Wines has announced a shake-up of its European management structure, which will see the business split into two divisons and its regional boss step down.
The company said today (6 August) it is dividing the region into "Mainland Europe" and "UK and Ireland" in a bid to add "flexibility" to the business. The changes mean the current role of European commercial general manager is being split.
James Lousada, Accolade's current European general manager, has decided to quit the company with "immediate effect" as a result of the move, the wine firm said. Lousada has been with Accolade, in the same role, since April 2009. A company spokeperson declined to comment on Lousada's future plans.
Troy Christensen, Accolade's chief executive, said: “We are sorry to see James leave the business, as he has done an excellent job. However, creating focus on these two parts of the business is vital for Accolade Wines moving forward."
He added: “We need the dual focus to ensure that we can act with greater pace and flexibility at this challenging time for the wine industry."
Ted Popov, previously Accolade's sales director mainland Europe, will take up the new role of commercial general manager for mainland Europe.
Accolade's new commercial general manager for the UK & Ireland has been recruited externally. Paul Schaafsma, currently Australian Vintage's general manager UK & Ireland, will take up the post from 3 September. Schaafsma has been in his role with Australian Vintage since February 2005.
The final part of Euromonitor's preview of the year ahead for the global drinks industry sees senior alcoholic drinks analysts Spiros Malandrakis and Jeremy Cunnington turn the spotlight on the wine c...
Last week we ran the first part of an exclusive interview with Constellation Brands' CEO Rob Sands. In this second and final part here, Sands discusses the group's spirits portfolio, its pending move ...
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- India overtakes France for Pernod Ricard
- New whisky distillery set for Edinburgh
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Corby's FY suffers from US focus
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Brown-Forman Corporation (BFB) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review