EUROPE: Accolade Wines shakes-up European structure
Accolade is hoping to improve its "flexibility" with the European split
Accolade Wines has announced a shake-up of its European management structure, which will see the business split into two divisons and its regional boss step down.
The company said today (6 August) it is dividing the region into "Mainland Europe" and "UK and Ireland" in a bid to add "flexibility" to the business. The changes mean the current role of European commercial general manager is being split.
James Lousada, Accolade's current European general manager, has decided to quit the company with "immediate effect" as a result of the move, the wine firm said. Lousada has been with Accolade, in the same role, since April 2009. A company spokeperson declined to comment on Lousada's future plans.
Troy Christensen, Accolade's chief executive, said: “We are sorry to see James leave the business, as he has done an excellent job. However, creating focus on these two parts of the business is vital for Accolade Wines moving forward."
He added: “We need the dual focus to ensure that we can act with greater pace and flexibility at this challenging time for the wine industry."
Ted Popov, previously Accolade's sales director mainland Europe, will take up the new role of commercial general manager for mainland Europe.
Accolade's new commercial general manager for the UK & Ireland has been recruited externally. Paul Schaafsma, currently Australian Vintage's general manager UK & Ireland, will take up the post from 3 September. Schaafsma has been in his role with Australian Vintage since February 2005.
The final part of Euromonitor's preview of the year ahead for the global drinks industry sees senior alcoholic drinks analysts Spiros Malandrakis and Jeremy Cunnington turn the spotlight on the wine c...
Last week we ran the first part of an exclusive interview with Constellation Brands' CEO Rob Sands. In this second and final part here, Sands discusses the group's spirits portfolio, its pending move ...
- What's so special about Islay anyway? - Comment
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- What do Bourbon and craft beer have in common?
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Alcohol industry warning over Kroger plan
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- Suntory bids for Lucozade, Ribena Nigerian network
- American rye whiskey sales leap 600% in five years
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research