UK: Accolade Wines renews 'Come Dine With Me' deal
Accolade Wines has renewed a sponsorship deal for its Hardys and Echo Falls brands with the television show 'Come Dine With Me'.
The new deal runs until the end of calendar 2012, said Accolade today (27 January). The company, which was acquired by CHAMP Private Equity last year and was previously owned by Constellation Brands, has sponsored Come Dine With Me since 2009.
While financial details of the new deal were not disclosed, Accolade said that it has a "media value" of GBP10m (US$15.7m).
As in previous years, Hardys and Echo Falls will own different parts of the year, with branded idents running before and after each programme as well as running either side of every advertising break. There will also be advertising and social media link-ups with www.channel4.com, the firm said.
Accolade's marketing director, Clare Griffiths, said: “It has been a fantastic association for us, leading to great brand recognition and it has helped drive sales of Hardys and Echo Falls – two of our leading brands."
Accolade is still 20%-owned by US-based Constellation.
- No Home Comfort for TWE as Bids Collapse
- Treasury Wine Estates: Here I Go Again On My Own
- Bacardi Seeks Own History at Bombay Sapphire Home
- Will low-alcohol wines wither on the vine?
- Private-equity bids "over" - TWE head
- Diageo's Johnnie Walker hit by Travel Retail slump
- Carlsberg suspends production at Russian brewery
- Treasury Wine Estates pulls plug on takeover talks
- Quintessential Brands changes MD at Essential unit
- DS Services lines up ex-Pernod Ricard exec as COO