AUS: Accolade Wines' plan for new CEO "in train"
Accolade Wines has been without a CEO for nearly 11 months
Accolade Wines has said it still intends to appoint a new CEO and the recruitment process is on-going.
It is now nearly 11 months since the sudden departure of Troy Christensen from the Australian-headquartered global wine group. Christensen, who took on the role when private equity group CHAMP acquired Constellation Brands' UK and Australian wine business in 2011, left the company last November. No official reason was given for his exit.
When contacted by just-drinks this week, an Accolade spokesperson said: “The intention is to fill the (CEO) role.” Asked when an appointment is likely to be made, the spokesperson said: “I can't tell you more than that we have a process in train.”
Los Angeles-based recruitment firm Korn/Ferry International was recruited at the time of Christensen's depature to find Accolade a new CEO.
Fellow Australian wine firm Treasury Wine Estates is also on the hunt for a new boss after David Dearie left the business with immediate effect last month. Treasury's chairman Paul Rayner said yesterday that the average time for filling such a CEO role is nine months.
Treasury Wine Estates (TWE) last week welcomed its new CEO Michael Clarke. He has already made headlines with his maiden speech to investors today. Prior to Clarke's arrival just-drinks sat down with ...
At ProWein 2014, Andy Morton sat down with Constellation's international general manager Philip Kingston to talk about its expanding global ambitions including a new tie-up in China for its Robert Mon...
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Molson Coors' Rekorderlig Cider Cocktails - NPD
- Carlsberg's Shed Head and Bad Apple craft - NPD
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends