Accolade Wines on hunt for new North America MD
Accolade Wines is searching for a new chief for its NA business
Accolade Wines has confirmed it remains on the look-out for a new head for its North American business after the departure of Tim Matz.
The South Australia-based firm's CFO Steven Gorst has been acting as its North American MD since Matz left in May. Matz, who spent two-and-a-half years with Accolade, joined Italian wine firm Casa Vincola Zonin as GM & executive VP of its US unit in June.
An Accolade spokesperson told just-drinks today: "We will appoint someone else to lead the North American business in due course."
Matz's exit, the spokesperson added, was "most amicable and we continue to hold Tim in high regard, particularly for the excellent work he did in setting up our business in its own right in North America".
Accolade has had a new group CEO since Febraury, when John Ratcliffe joined as a replacement for Troy Christensen.
In March, Accolade's private equity owners, CHAMP, secured a US$300m loan facility to invest in the group. CHAMP acquired Constellation Brands' Australian and UK wine operations for AUD290m (US$290m) in February 2011.
To read an exclusive just-drinks interview with Tim Matz, click here.
O'Neill Vintners & Distillers has added an "affordable Cabernet Sauvignon" to its Austerity wine brand in the US....
The president of Jamieson Ranch Vineyards has acquired the Californian wine producer from parent company Madison Vineyard Holdings....
Owens-Illinois has bought Vitro, a major glass supplier to Constellation Brands, for US$2.15bn....
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research