UK: Accolade Wines links with Mandela movie for Kumala push
The Kumala brand was refreshed last month
Accolade Wines' has launched a UK marketing campaign for its South African brand Kumala tied to the DVD release of Nelson Mandela movie “Long Walk to Freedom”.
The push will include press, in-store and social media activity around the film, Accolade said today (14 April). Consumers will also be able to win a trip to South Africa and copies of the DVD through a Facebook competition.
The competition is the first step of a new social media strategy for the brand - Klub Kumala - that will run across a variety of social media platforms later this year, Accolade said.
Total spend on the campaign was not disclosed.
“Long Walk to Freedom” is a biographical film based on the life of the former freedom fighter and South African president. The DVD is due for release on 28 April.
Accolade previously announced a refresh for Kumala's pacakging last month.
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- NPD - DeLeon Tequila's Platinum and Reposado
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014