Product Launch - UK: Accolade Wines' Echo Falls fruit fusion range
The Echo Falls fruit fusion range (two of which are pictured above) launches later this Summer in the UK
Accolade Wines' Echo Falls fruit fusion range
Category - Wine, with added fruit flavours, between 9.5% and 11% abv
Available - From 1 July
Location - UK, off-trade, initially exclusively in ASDA supermarket chain
Price - SSP of GBP5 (US$8.40) per 75cl bottle
Distribution - Accolade Wines
Accolade Wines is set to launch a fruit-infused range of wines under its Echo Falls brand name. The three variants, rose wine with summer berries (9.5% abv), red wine with raspberry & cassis (11% abv) and white wine with white peach & mango (9.5% abv), will target Echo Falls' core audience of females aged between 18 and 34.
“We know, through research … that the Newbie consumers are eager to experiment with new flavours and generally have a sweeter tooth, which can make dry wines unappealing to them,” said Amy White, marketing controller for Echo Falls. “In the UK, we’ve also seen … Newbie consumers shying away from the wine category and choosing sweeter styles of drinks, like flavoured cider and beer for example.
“We firmly believe our fruit fusion wines will attract a new audience to the brand Echo Falls and the wider wine category as a whole. We then hope to take these consumers on a wine journey to discover the more traditional and complex wine styles, as their tastes and preferences develop and change.”
The range will be showcased at the London Wine Fair, which takes place next week.
The UK’s third largest wine brand, Echo Falls, will preview three new fruit fusion wines at the London Wine Fair next month, ahead of the consumer launch in July.
Targeted at the Newbie* wine consumers and Echo Falls’ core audience of females aged 18-34, this new launch promises to add excitement and ‘something new’ to the wine category as a whole.
There will be three fruit fusion variants; Rose wine with summer berries (9.5% ABV); Red wine with raspberry and cassis (11% ABV); and White wine with white peach & mango (9.5% ABV). Each will be priced in-line with the existing Californian blends range from Echo Falls. The range has a striking, vibrant and colourful new design, which showcases the fruit fusion flavours and will create stand out on shelf. And, in order to assist trial, the range will also be introduced with a ‘how to serve’ sticker on the front label.
Amy White, marketing controller for Echo Falls, explains the rationale for the new range: “We know, through research conducted with our flavour house partner, that the Newbie consumers are eager to experiment with new flavours and generally have a sweeter tooth, which can make dry wines unappealing to them. In the UK, we’ve also seen, through switching analysis, Newbie consumers shying away from the wine category and choosing sweeter styles of drinks, like flavoured cider and beer for example.
“We firmly believe our innovative fruit fusion wines will attract a new audience to the brand Echo Falls and the wider wine category as a whole. It’s from here that we then hope to take these consumers on a wine journey to discover the more traditional and complex wine styles, as their tastes and preferences develop and change.”
White continues: “The number of flavoured alcoholic beverages containing wine grew by 51% in the 12 months to June 2013, which we believe illustrates how increasingly important these styles of wine are for consumers right now and with this range we hope to build on that momentum with Echo Falls.”
- The three new variants will be available in full bottle (75cl) and 187ml formats
- Launching 1st July 2014 with 3 month exclusivity to ASDA
- Launch nationwide 1 October 2014
- SSP - £5 priced in line with Echo Falls’ blends
Original source: Company Release
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- A game of two halves for Remy Cointreau - Analysis
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- Britvic hits make-or-break time for US Fruit Shoot
- Beam Suntory to sell brandy & sherry to Emperador
- Former Diageo exec joins William Grant in LatAm
- A-B InBev mulls sale of Peroni, Grolsch - report
- Carlsberg "most likely" to buy Grolsch, Peroni
- A-B InBev embroiled in Caribbean "poison-pill" row
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Market 2015-2019
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts