US: Accolade Wines creates North America managing directorship
Tim Matz started in his new role at Accolade Wines earlier this week
Accolade Wines is looking to up its profile in North America, with the creation of a managing director post for the region.
The company, formed after CHAMP's purchase of Constellation Brands' Australian and Europe wine operations last year, confirmed earlier today (7 September) that Tim Matz has assumed the role of MD for North America. Matz, who was formerly president of Foster's Wine Estates (Southcorp) in North America, started with Accolade yesterday.
Based out of Napa Valley in California, he will report in to Accolade's CEO, Troy Christensen.
“North America and the US specifically, remains one of the world’s key wine markets and we need to have our own operator there to get a hands-on perspective of that market,” said Christensen. “We believe that there is capacity to grow our brands in that market and Mr Matz’s background in range of wine businesses will ensure we have the knowledge to position ourselves well.
Christensen also highlighted the importance of the Californian wine brand Echo Falls to Accolade's fortunes in its export markets. “Echo Falls is the number three brand in the UK and remains one of the fastest growing brands in that important market,” he said.
Coca-Cola Amatil (CCA) has reported an increase in full-year net profits, boosted by a one-time gain from exiting its beer joint-venture with SABMilller....
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Global Travel Retail - What is the Grey Market?
- The European beer market - Focus
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Corporate Relations Director to leave Diageo
- Bacardi names new global communications head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Pernod Ricard pairs Usain Bolt with Mumm Champagne