GLOBAL: Absolut's Travel Retail chief resigns
Absolut is due to unveil a replacement for Olsson next month
Anders Olsson, who has been director of the unit for eight years, will step down on 29 November and move from London back to his home town of Stockholm, Absolut announced today (19 November). “The reasons for Olsson’s decision are personal,” the Swedish vodka producer said in a statement.
A spokesperson for the company declined to expand on the reason for Olsson's departure.
Olsson, who has been based in London for the past three years, said: “I want to take the opportunity to thank my unique and excellent team for all their efforts and extraordinary dedication to our mission over the years... I wish all my very best and loads of fun in the future.”
Absolut, which was acquired by Pernod in 2008, said a successor to Olsson will be announced next month.
In the first part of our interview with Stock Spirits' CEO, Chris Heath looked back at the company's IPO last year, and what it now means for the company to be standing on its own two feet. Today, in ...
"The Future of the Wine Market in the United Arab Emirates to 2017: Market Size, Distribution and Brand Share, Key Events and Competitive Landscape" is the result of Canadean’s extensive market and co...
Colombia has shown an interesting development in the luxury industry, and the alcoholic drinks category has not been indifferent to the trend. Some examples of new premium lines that appeared in 2012 ...
Business Monitor International's France Food and Drink Report provides industry professionals and strategists, corporate analysts, food and drink associations, government departments and regulatory bo...
Some interesting developments have been occuring within the Vodka category since the publication of our previous global market review of the category....
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Diet Coke "a work in progress" in US - Coca-Cola
- Heineken seeks "clarity" in Indonesia
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- Pernod Ricard unveils new Absolut bottle
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Diageo's United Spirits calls on Mallya to quit
- Beam Suntory to strip down regional units
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets