UK: Absolut Vanilia to launch in September
The latest flavour for the vodka brand Absolut, Absolut Vanilia, is to launch in the UK from September.
The move follows the successful launch in the US, where the company claims jumbo jets have had to be specially chartered to make 397 tonnes of shipments of the drink to meet demand.
Eileen Livingston, Absolut senior brand manager at Maxxium UK, said: "We're delighted with the level of anticipation around Absolut Vanilia in the UK - some UK on trade accounts have even imported it from the US ahead of the launch to meet consumer demand. However, Absolut Vanilia is officially available in the on- and off-trade from September."
Linn Sandberg, communications manager for The Absolut Company said: "Absolut Vanilia is a great addition to the Absolut family. It's rich, robust with a complex taste of vanilla and notes of butterscotch and hints of dark chocolate. It has no added sugar and is made with only natural flavours - the pure vanilla of the vanilla beans gives a natural sweetness."
Combining genuine brand chic with selling millions of cases is to dream the impossible dream for most spirits executives, but for Bengt Baron, president and CEO of Absolut owners V&S Group, it is a re...
Having been something of a European institution for years, the end of duty-free, the lowering of some Nordic duty rates and cheaper prices in domestic supermarkets have combined to reduce the allure o...
Diageo's spiced rum brand, Captain Morgan, has made strong gains in the US spirits market but, as David Robertson reports, it has so far been unable to replicate this success in other markets....
Flavoured vodkas have been a major success story in the US where they have prospered on the back of strong sector growth and premiumisation. With European markets also showing consistent growth and so...
The Absolut Spirits Company has completed its acquisition of Cruzan International....
Cruzan International has received shareholder support for its pending merger with The Absolut Spirits Company....
A shareholders meeting to decide whether Cruzan International should approve a merger deal with majority stakeholder Absolut Spirits has been called by the company's board of directors....
V&S Absolut Spirits saw sales of its flagship vodka Absolut rise 9% last year on the back of surging sales outside the US....
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- Analysis - Cider's Campaign Gains
- Analysis - SABMiller's LatAm aim? Drink more beer
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Pernod Ricard appoints Absolut Vodka VP
- Beam Suntory to re-package Courvoisier Cognac
- Edrington posts FY profits drop
- TWE, Pernod hail China-Aus FTA
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beer, 2014 and the future