US: Absolut Spirits Co. welcomes new CEO
The Absolut Spirits Co., the US arm of Swedish spirits giant V&S Group, has appointed a new CEO.
The New York-based subsidiary confirmed yesterday (18 July) that Kevin Fennessey would replace Carl Horton from 1 August. Horton is set to retire at the end of this year.
During his 22 years at Seagram, Fennessey once served as vice president, category director of the Scotch and Cognac divisions, where he was a peer of Horton.
Fennessey will be charged with developing the Absolut portfolio, continuing to focus on brand growth and propelling the expansion of Level vodka, Plymouth Gin, FRIS vodka and rum brand Cruzan.
In her first monthly column for just-drinks, renowned spirits journalist Patience Gould looks ahead to what 2007 has in store for the major international spirits producers....
The president and CEO of Corby Distilleries is to stand down....
Norwegian wine and spirits group Arcus is mulling a takeover bid for Sweden's V&S Group, just-drinks can reveal....
V&S Group has vowed to appeal against a ruling from a Swedish court that said the company had infringed the trademark rights for Californian wine brand Golden Gate....
Pernod Ricard has launched an Internet sales site in dedicated to offering customers, and particularly connoisseurs, top of the range products in France....
Malibu-Kahlúa International, the US-based Pernod Ricard subsidiary that manages the Malibu brand, has unveiled new-look packaging for the Caribbean flavoured rum. The packaging is the first of what wi...
Havana Club International, the rum joint venture between Pernod Ricard and the Cuban government, plans to open a distillery on the island....
Pernod Ricard has added to its Martell Cognac portfolio with the launch of Martell Création Grand Extra in travel retail outlets....
- Ten questions for Diageo - Analysis
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- How craft beer has shattered its US shackles
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- BrewDog moves into spirits with LoneWolf launch
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Craft Beer: Coming of Age or Past Its Prime?
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report