GLOBAL: Absolut set for travel retail exclusive
Absolut 100 is a higher proof vodka in an opaque black, chrome silver and grey bottle, which has been designed to appeal to a global male audience.
It will make its debut this month with duty-free operator DFS Group at Singapore Changi airport before a wider travel-retail roll out later in 2007.
V&S Absolut Spirits group travel retail director Anders Olsson said: "Absolut 100 is innovative in that it is a brand new concept targeting a specific audience."
According to the International Wine & Spirit Record, Absolut is the second best-selling duty-free spirit after Johnnie Walker, achieving global volumes of nearly 860,000 cases in 2005.
C&C Group has flagged up yet more warnings that it's struggling in its most recent trading statement....
Russian Standard Vodka is taking one of its vodka brands to India....
India's United Breweries has outlined plans to expand its capacity over the next three years, according to reports....
Diageo has posted a lift in operating profit, despite only a minor rise in sales for its latest fiscal year....
InBev has reported a strong showing in its second quarter, despite "challenging conditions" in both the UK and US....
Blavod Extreme Spirits is planning to sell its US subsidiary to its CEO....
Diageo will begin rolling out its new Guinness Red brand in central England from September, following successful trials in the country....
Whyte & Mackay has confirmed it will headline sponsor this year's Earls Court Boat show in London....
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Diageo Australia appoints commercial head
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015