US: Absolut launches Level super-premium vodka
Absolut has launched its new super-premium vodka, Level. The company confirmed the move yesterday, and will back the launch with a US$10m advertising campaign.
On Monday 5 April, Level's television advertising debuts, marking the first time Absolut has used the medium to support its products. The launch campaign also includes print advertising, public relations, events, on-premise promotions and a web site, www.levelvodka.com.
Level is now available nationwide in the US. The vodka comes in three sizes: 50 ml, 750 ml and 1 litre. It will also be available in a 1-litre size at duty free retail outlets globally in May 2004.
Combining genuine brand chic with selling millions of cases is to dream the impossible dream for most spirits executives, but for Bengt Baron, president and CEO of Absolut owners V&S Group, it is a re...
Having been something of a European institution for years, the end of duty-free, the lowering of some Nordic duty rates and cheaper prices in domestic supermarkets have combined to reduce the allure o...
Diageo's spiced rum brand, Captain Morgan, has made strong gains in the US spirits market but, as David Robertson reports, it has so far been unable to replicate this success in other markets....
Flavoured vodkas have been a major success story in the US where they have prospered on the back of strong sector growth and premiumisation. With European markets also showing consistent growth and so...
The Absolut Spirits Company has completed its acquisition of Cruzan International....
Cruzan International has received shareholder support for its pending merger with The Absolut Spirits Company....
A shareholders meeting to decide whether Cruzan International should approve a merger deal with majority stakeholder Absolut Spirits has been called by the company's board of directors....
V&S Absolut Spirits saw sales of its flagship vodka Absolut rise 9% last year on the back of surging sales outside the US....
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Sustainability - Walking the Walk on Water
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Castel acquires stake in Belvedere
- Brown-Forman eyes family ties with board additions
- Diageo adds to Entourage tie-up - video
- NPD: Brewdog's Born to Die
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review