SWEDEN: Absolut launches fifth flavour extension
"The complex flavour of Absolut Vanilia helps it stand apart as a different kind of vanilla and we are thrilled to continue the Absolut tradition with this unique flavour while answering consumers' desire for premium flavoured products," said Jim Goodwin, vice president of marketing, at The Absolut Spirits Company. "ABSOLUT VANILIA is exciting because it not only tastes wonderful straight up but it also has an extremely versatile flavour that mixes well with almost everything to create an entirely new class of martinis and mixed drinks."
The launch of the new flavour will be supported by the brand's recognisable print advertising as well as interactive, radio and outdoor advertising campaigns. The advertising support will begin with a teaser campaign in April magazines and continue to roll out through 2003. Omnicom Group's TBWA/Chiat/Day, New York created the new advertisements.
Absolut Vanilia is the latest in a line of brand extensions fo rhte vodka, including, Absolut Citron, Absolut Mandarin, Absolut Kurant and Absolut Peppar.
Combining genuine brand chic with selling millions of cases is to dream the impossible dream for most spirits executives, but for Bengt Baron, president and CEO of Absolut owners V&S Group, it is a re...
Having been something of a European institution for years, the end of duty-free, the lowering of some Nordic duty rates and cheaper prices in domestic supermarkets have combined to reduce the allure o...
Diageo's spiced rum brand, Captain Morgan, has made strong gains in the US spirits market but, as David Robertson reports, it has so far been unable to replicate this success in other markets....
Flavoured vodkas have been a major success story in the US where they have prospered on the back of strong sector growth and premiumisation. With European markets also showing consistent growth and so...
The Absolut Spirits Company has completed its acquisition of Cruzan International....
Cruzan International has received shareholder support for its pending merger with The Absolut Spirits Company....
A shareholders meeting to decide whether Cruzan International should approve a merger deal with majority stakeholder Absolut Spirits has been called by the company's board of directors....
V&S Absolut Spirits saw sales of its flagship vodka Absolut rise 9% last year on the back of surging sales outside the US....
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- This week in spirits & wine
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Craft, imports near 50% share in US on-trade
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts