US: Absolut launches Danzka vodka
Absolut has launched a new vodka brand. The company has today announced the national launch of Danzka Vodka, a vodka with a distinct character of citrus fruit. In addition to its citrus and grapefruit flavours, Danzka's signature is its proprietary metal bottle that is made to chill vodka at optimal temperatures - and keep the vodka colder.
According to an evaluation conducted over the past month by an independent research institute, Danzka's aluminium bottle chills 50 minutes faster than vodka in glass packaging and will retain cold 50 minutes longer. Danzka is the only vodka in the world offered in aluminium packaging, and available nationally in grapefruit flavour.
In a statement, president and CEO Carl Horton said: "As the vodka market continues to grow, Danzka provides The Absolut Spirits Company with the opportunity to build a brand and business in the standard vodka segment."
Danzka will be supported nationally with print advertising, on- and off- premise POS, public relations and events. Print advertising will consist of three executions highlighting Danzka's "Made to Chill" positioning in unique settings relevant to its target consumer.
In the US, Danzka is available in three sizes: 50 ml, 750 ml and 1 litre. Internationally, DANZKA is ranked fifth in global duty-free vodka sales.
Combining genuine brand chic with selling millions of cases is to dream the impossible dream for most spirits executives, but for Bengt Baron, president and CEO of Absolut owners V&S Group, it is a re...
Having been something of a European institution for years, the end of duty-free, the lowering of some Nordic duty rates and cheaper prices in domestic supermarkets have combined to reduce the allure o...
Diageo's spiced rum brand, Captain Morgan, has made strong gains in the US spirits market but, as David Robertson reports, it has so far been unable to replicate this success in other markets....
Flavoured vodkas have been a major success story in the US where they have prospered on the back of strong sector growth and premiumisation. With European markets also showing consistent growth and so...
The Absolut Spirits Company has completed its acquisition of Cruzan International....
Cruzan International has received shareholder support for its pending merger with The Absolut Spirits Company....
A shareholders meeting to decide whether Cruzan International should approve a merger deal with majority stakeholder Absolut Spirits has been called by the company's board of directors....
V&S Absolut Spirits saw sales of its flagship vodka Absolut rise 9% last year on the back of surging sales outside the US....
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Diet Coke "a work in progress" in US - Coca-Cola
- Heineken seeks "clarity" in Indonesia
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard unveils new Absolut bottle
- Diageo's United Spirits calls on Mallya to quit
- Beam Suntory to strip down regional units
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets