US: Absolut goes 'bling' for gift pack
Absolut is launching a new gift pack in the US.
The Vin & Sprit-owned brand will be 'pimped up' as part of its Absolut Bling-Bling gift pack, the company said today (20 September). The golden, form-fitted plastic cover is "a tribute to all the style icons within the 'more-is-more' sector," V&S added.
"The campaign is a celebration of fun," said Eva Kempe-Forsberg, vice president of marketing at V&S Absolut Spirits. "In the last couple of decades, the phenomena of "blinging something up", be it your mobile phone or your car, has spread from very specific groups to become a whole new style segment. This holiday, the Absolut vodka bottle has some new threads to wear and it looks good."
The campaign will also include advertising, a website presenting Absolut's take on the history of Bling-Bling as well as promotional materials for on- and off-trade.
The new gift pack will launch in 61 markets, including global travel retail, next month. The new website will open for business on 12 October.
Innocent, the UK's leading smoothie manufacturer, is the first beverage company to display the carbon reduction label, an initiative launched today (16 March) by The Carbon Trust....
Pernod Ricard has lined up two flavour extensions for its Kahlua coffee liqueur....
Magners has secured a tie-in with a golf tournament in the UK....
Yarraman Winery has said today (15 March) that it wants to pursue its takeover of Evans & Tate despite the Australian wine group snubbing its latest proposal....
Drinks Americas Holdings has seen sales soar in its fiscal third quarter, but income continues to linger in the red....
The global brand director for J&B hopes the upcoming GBP10m (US$19.2m) push behind the Scotch whisky brand will help it achieve the global "credibility" it has in Spain, its largest market....
V&S has failed in its last legal attempt to overturn a decision from Swedish alcohol retail monopoly Systembolaget to de-list wines handled by the company....
An Irish company is set to launch what it describes as "the world's first super-premium cream liqueur"....
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Industry is following the pack to patriotic party
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Diageo unveils first European Johnnie Walker House
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends