US: Absolut faces 'Sex and the City' lawsuit
Absolut Spirits Co. is facing a lawsuit from an actor who appeared in a fictitious ad for the company's vodka brand in popular TV show Sex and the City, it was reported today.
According to a report in AdAge,Jason Lewis, who lay naked on a bed with a bottle of Absolut vodka placed strategically between his legs in the fictitious ad, claims that the company promoted the ad as an actual advertisement without his permission. The ad appeared in the show as a billboard in Times Square, New York.
The lawsuit claims that Absolut posted the photo on the Internet on the day the episode was aired, issued a press release referring to Lewis as the "Absolut Hunk" and promoted the fake ad as genuine. Damages were not specified, and no trial date has been set.
Absolut, whose parent company V&S Group was also named in the lawsuit, said only that it had not been served with the suit, which was filed on 27 May in the Los Angeles County Superior Court.
Constellation Brands is interested in some of Allied Domecq's spirits brands, according to reports today (15 April)....
Maxxium Worldwide could come under pressure if Pernod and Fortune's Allied Domecq bid is successful, according to press reports today (14 April)....
It's been a quiet day on the Pernod/Allied Domecq front....
Conflicting reports circulated this weekend over whether Bacardi International is looking to form a counter-bid for Allied Domecq....
Todays press reports into Pernod and Fortune's hopes to buy Allied Domecq warn of possible conflicts and set a date for completion....
Pernod Ricard and Fortune Brands are hoping to buy Allied Domecq for around 670p per share, according to press reports....
LVMH has said it is not looking to buy Mumm Champagne from Allied Domecq....
Diageo is to launch a new global advertising campaign for Smirnoff Ice. The first ad in the global campaign, 'Garden', launches in Great Britain on April 11th on terrestrial and satellite TV. ...
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- IAADFS Duty Free Show of the Americas - Preview
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Baijius brand value overtakes whisk(e)y - figures
- Heineken releases colour-change bottles
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research