SWEDEN: Absolut could be up for sale by end of April
The Swedish Parliament may after Easter decide to sell its former distilling monopoly Vin & Sprit (V&S), the owner of Absolut Vodka, according to Swedish parliamentary sources. As predicted in yesterday's just-drinks.com editorial, parliamentary insiders were reported in the news service Foodwire today, as confirming that a proposal by a Liberal backbencher to sell the business will take place sometime after April 16.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Scottish Independence and Scotch Whisky
- Whisk(e)y leads vodka in US, but for how long?
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- Wine in the UK: Tell Us Something We Don't Know
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- LIVE BLOG: Industry responds to Scotland 'No' vote
- Diageo ups Johnnie Walker Formula One presence
- William Grant opens Tullamore D.E.W. distillery
- Rabobank warns of "mountainous task" for Scotch
- Bacardi lifts curtain on Bombay Sapphire distiller